Sunday, January 29, 2012

Work in Progress: IG incoming - it's another Greydeath tribute!

A good friend brought a Leman Russ Demolisher kit to my hospital room the other day (thanks again, Al!), and I set to work with razor saw and glue creating a specialized city-fighting mini-tank inspired by, you guessed it, Greydeath's very cool Russ tankette.  Here it is, partly assembled:







Again, apologies for the quality of some of these photos; it's an overcast day and there's not enough light for good close-up pics with a cell phone.

Here's the mini-Russ alongside my SM Cub tank:



Remembering that many moons ago GW modified a Chimera kit into a neat little tracked alternative to the Sentinel called the Scylla Light Tank, I've decided to dub my chopped, narrowed Russ the Charybdis Light Assault Tank.  In game terms, it will be armed with a turreted Conqueror Cannon from the days of GW's Armoured Company rules, which is a lighter, infantry-slaying battle cannon that, thanks to some recoil-dampening wizardry, can be fired while on the move.  Just the thing for a Cities of Death game, where it can trundle down narrow passageways to unleash hell on massed enemies.

I plan on calling my friendly local hobby shop this afternoon to get some styrene tubing that I can plug into the Demolisher housing to resemble the snub-barreled Conqueror.  As with the Cub, homebrewed rules and variants on the Charybdis chassis will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment