Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shooty goodness - Rifleman Contemptor Dreadnought

It seems that the new hotness for the last few months for Space Marine players has been the Contemptor-pattern Dreadnought.  I wasn't initially enamored with the barrel-like torso, having only been familiar with the common "boxy" Dread, but it steadily grew on me until I became a firm fan of this pre-Heresy design.  (Seeing some awesome artwork by Sabertooth Games of the Contemptor in action helped a good deal, too.)

Here's my first Contemptor, needing more basing work and a paint job:



The body is (of course) from Forge World, but the very cool layered shoulder armour and twin autocannons are from PuppetsWar, a custom gaming accessory producer based in Poland with some great-looking stuff for sale at affordable prices. (For additional savings, search for them on eBay, where they offer free shipping on many of their pieces.)

Though my SM focus is on the Armoured Saints, I'll be trying my hand at assembling and painting single squads of various chapters as well.  With his ancient sarcophagus and two-fisted weaponry, I think this dude deserves the colors of the Dark Angels or one of their successors.

No comments:

Post a Comment